The vision of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in the College of Medicine and Health Sciences is to become a leader in the advancement of female health care and best practice through the training and provision of highly skilled physicians and researchers.
The department seeks to provide a structured educational environment in which dedicated teaching is integrated with graduated clinical responsibilities to produce physicians and researchers who will deliver and promote patient centered female health care that reflects the highest professional and ethical standards. While valuing teamwork, intellectual curiosity, compassion, and academic excellence, the department also seeks collaboration with national and international research bodies for the purpose of advancing health science and improving community services.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in the College of Medicine and Health Sciences has its objectives aligned with the Sultan Qaboos University’s strategic objectives and these include:
- Implement outcome based curriculum for undergraduate teaching.
- Encourage research and innovation.
- Provide continuous professional development to all staff.
- Provide up –to –date subspecialty services.
- Collaborate with regional and international bodies for the advancement of research and clinical expertise.